Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Dreams of Spring


Dreams of Spring
The hope of flowers blooming, tree leaves budding, the warm sunshine on your face, and some nice footing where it is safe to ride your horse is just around the corner. Everyone is looking forward to spring with great expectation and can hardly wait for the first signs like tulips peaking through the snow. Yes it has been a difficult winter causing conditions where we cried, “I can’t…..” ; you fill in the blank.

I am looking forward to my very busy schedule this spring, and like the rest of you I am hopeful that the snow will melt soon and not be replaced by more. I remember last April first when the young horses came for their training it snowed. I am putting in my request with mother nature that this will not occur this year. But I know that if the conditions are not favorable the people coming will tough it out like the gals did last year. I commend them for not giving up even when the wind and snow blew right through us. The “I can” attitude was strong even when it was difficult. Thankfully we had access to the Calamus Outfitters indoor arena, but it was still pretty uncomfortable.

We have five horses coming for the month of April for development and then a couple more coming for the four day clinic on April 1-4. Auditors are welcome for this clinic, we did have a few last year. This year we are also offering an Auditors Workshop on April 17th where you can come observe the training progress, ask questions, and learn foundational principles important to every horse’s performance. Erica my apprentice will be working with me again this year.

I will have a booth and do some demonstrations at the NE Horse Expo again this year at Lancaster Event Center in Lincoln, NE. I will be using a horse named Hank in my demonstrations who I don’t know anything about other than the owner says he is as green as a Leprechaun’s Shorts. The title of my demo is “Starting Over with A Green Horse”. The times are Fri. 4:00-4:45; Sat. 9:00-9:45; Sun. 9:00-9:45.

Then I will also be giving a lecture on Yoga stretches and Exercises to improve your riding posture and seat on Sun. at 3:00-3:45 in the NE Room

I hope you will stop by my booth to visit, ask a question, register to win some prizes, purchase my book “Win Your Horse’s Heart” (Be A Better Horseman), or sign up for a summer camp. If you sign up by March 31st you will receive an Early Bird Discount of 10% off the instruction.

Speaking of Camps we are having a new type of camp this year for my alumni students. We are calling it “BOOT CAMP”. It will be held at Calamus Outfitters June 20-24. It is for the hard core student who really wants to work some long hard hours in order to move to the next level in their horsemanship skills. There are certain requirements of what you can already do with your horse so that we don’t have a huge gap of skill levels with the riders attending. So call Sherry to discuss those prerequisites if you are interested. If you do not meet the requirements not to worry, there is a camp for everyone.


The schedule for March - June
March 6-7 Private Lessons in Burwell (Preparing for Spring Show Season)
March 12-14 NE Horse Expo in Lincoln, NE (We will have a booth)
March 19-20 Mini Clinic and Lessons in Omaha, NE
March 21-22 Mini Clinic and Lessons in Lincoln, NE
March 28 Study Group in Broken Bow
April 1-4 Young Horse Handling Class, Burwell, NE
April 17 Young Horse Handling Workshop, Burwell, NE (Auditors only)
May 1-2 Lessons with Owners of Young Horses from (30 day training)
May 14-17 Women’s Camp Calamus Outfitters, Burwell, NE
May 21-24 Private Lessons and Mini Clinics in Omaha and Lincoln
May 29-31 Trail Ride Camp at Calamus Outfitters, Burwell, NE
June 4-6 4-H Clinic in Holyoke CO
June 11-14 Women’s Camp Calamus Outfitters, Burwell, NE
June 18-19 Private Lessons in Omaha and Lincoln
June 20-24 BOOT Camp Calamus Outfitters, Burwell, NE
June 28-30 Youth Parent Camp Calamus Outfitters, Burwell, NE

Call now to reserve your spot in one of the above events:
308-346-5663
Go to my NEW WEBSITE for a full 2010 Schedule

No comments:

Post a Comment