Saturday, January 10, 2009

Book Synopsis "Win Your Horse's Heart"


This is going to be an exciting year because the book which I have been working on for the past four years is finally complete. It will be hot off the press just in time for the NE Horse Expo March 13-15, 2009. Like many projects it has taken longer, is over budget and has been more work than I expected. The last few weeks since it has been with the publisher has been even more stressful. Thankfully we are on our final edit, we have chosen a picture for the cover and started the design layout. With hard work and luck we should be able to meet our deadline of having printed copies by the first of March.

People have been asking me how many pages it will be and how much it will cost. I do not have an exact quote just yet, as we are still in the design layout phase. However a good estimate is it will be around 200 pages and cost between $15 and $20. If you want a signed copy I hope to have about 500 copies at the Expo. After that it will be available through myself personally, (hand to hand at one of my clinics, I will not be shipping copies) But you can order it through any of the on-line book sellers like: Amazon.com, Barns and Noble, etc. It will be in bookstores of those who choose to carry it, or they can order it for you.

Book Synopsis
There are only two kinds of people, those who love horses and those who don't. This book is definitely for those who do love horses, whether you own one or not. Sherry's passion and love for horses has driven her to write a book which presents a way of being with horses which will change your way of thinking and acting so you can win any horse's heart. When a horse gives you his whole heart he will jump higher, run faster, stop quicker, slide further, spin better, and be safer. There is nothing you can't do together when a horse becomes a part of you. Dreams are sure to come true to those who follow the common sense principles presented in this book with real life stories to support the practices.

You will learn what it means to be natural with a horse and how to develop a working partnership. You will gain more knowledge and insight about attitudes which can help eliminate frustrations with horses. You will discover practical ways to overcome fears, build confidence, communicate more effectively and become the kind of leader your horse needs you to be. The personal horse stories will touch your heart as you realize that winning a horse's heart is the ultimate prize in horsemanship.

For a sneak preview into the personal horse stories in the book watch the video on Youtube: "A Lifetime Horsemanship Journey".

Here are some of the comments about the video:

Oh my gosh, I love the youtube!!! Great job.

It's beautiful, Sherry.

I loved it!

Absolutely beautiful, Sherry.

This was so very moving Sherry. I cried when I saw Sunshine jump the barrels because I know how long it took to get her the confidence to do that.

Wonderful Sherry - brought tears to my eyes. I paused through a bunch of the pictures to study them. You have some nice shots and heartfelt words to go with them. Can't wait for the book. Hope you can get it by Expo.

I very much enjoyed your video.

They are beautiful creatures....could never have one not enough land for one...blessings to you and all your horse babies.

AWESOME video!! LOVE it!! There was quite a LOT of emotions packed into that video ...good job!!

I hope you will watch the video and get a copy of the book when it arrives. I think you will be blessed by both, plus I promise you will learn a thing or two which will improve the relationship with your horse even more.

This is what my professional editor had to say about the book after receiving it:

"Good work on the book. I really learned a lot reading it. I've ridden infrequently and casually (never owned a horse) since I was a kid, so it was very helpful. Let's get it polished and get it out there."

To pre-order a copy of the book e-mail sherry or call 308-346-5663.
She will sign it and write a personal message inside if you order by March 12, 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment